1) Studio Syria donated art and education supplies to the Malki Children's Center in Amman Jordan and Jean taught an art workshop. The center assists children suffering from emotional trauma due to their experiences in the Syrian war and was established by Seattle based Salaam Cultural Museum.
2) Studio Syria played with children in Zaatari Syrian Refugee Camp, Jordan. Laurie Balbo crocheted bracelets and distributed education and art kits to the children.
3) Partnering with IRD, Jean Bradbury taught drawing workshops to adults and youth in Zaatari Syrian Refugee Camp.
4) Workshops were held to teach artists in Zaatari Camp to draw comics expressing their experiences and memories of Syria.
5) More than 200 education and art activity kits were distributed with the assistance of a grant from Portland based Dreaming Zebra.
7) More activity kits were donated and distributed. Each kit contains paper and pencils, a notebook, coloured pencils, coloured markers, a sharpener and Studio Syria's activity booklet, shown above. 50 kits were donated to needy Jordanian families as Studio Syria knows it is important to support citizens of host countries as well as refugees. 100 kits were donated to Syrian families working as itinerant farm labourers in the Southern Jordan Valley in a partnership with Save the Children Jordan in the Ghor al Safi area.
8) Jean taught a plein air oil painting class - outside in the fresh air of Zaatari Camp. And classes in portrait painting in oils.
9) Studio Syria taught a workshop for the community activity leaders working with IRD in Zaatari Camp. Supplies were donated to each district in the camp so that art and craft activities can be held throughout the year. These two fun guys are activity counsellors showing the hats they plan to teach their students to make in 2016. All supplies donated by Studio Syria.
10) Partnering with both IRD (International Relief and Development) and IRC (International Rescue Committee) Studio Syria donated art supplies to orphans and unaccompanied minors in Zaatari Syrian Refugee Camp.
11) Students and Rye Middle School in New York State, USA, sent art supplies, homemade sketchbooks and notecards written in Arabic to students in Zaatari Syrian Refugee Camp. Studio Syria coordinated and distributed the supplies and will deliver thank you notes to the American kids.
12) As part of Studio Syria's mandate to support underserved host communities in Jordan as well as Syrian refugees, we donated education supplies to a school for developmentally challenged children in the Ghor al Safi, Jordan. Items donated included paper and notebooks, coloured markers, toys and children's books.
13) Studio Syria donated more children's books to the libraries run by IRD in Zaatari Syrian Refugee Camp. We found some of the books we donated three years ago that had obviously been well loved.
14) Art supplies including paint and paper and craft supplies were donated to the IRD art trailer .
15) We all had a lot of fun and made some dear friends. Hearts were touched. Art was made. Hope was kindled and love was shared. Studio Syria wishes a happy new year to all and a brighter future in 2016 for all whose hearts are in Syria.